CAPTURE TATIARA invites local professional, amateur and student photographers and instagrammers to enter images and short videos that engage, intrigue and showcase the Tatiara district beyond the tourism icons. It’s time to capture your Tatiara!
Entering the award has been made easier. Snap a photo or short video on your camera or smartphone and submit it here, or through Instagram or Facebook and tag us @walkwaygallery and hashtag #mytatiara
Travel in South Australia is now heavily impacted by the COVID-19 situation. The Government's position is that people should stay at home as much as possible and re-think any travel plans in order to stop the spread. Information about the current travel restrictions and how to travel responsibly in this quickly changing environment is available here
TERMS & CONDITIONS
2. How to enter?
- Entries will be accepted from 9am, 1 May to 5pm, 30 June, 2020.
- All entries must be lodged online at: www.walkwaygallery.com/capturetatiara OR
- By uploading the photo to Instagram or Facebook and tag @walkwaygallery and #mytatiara
3. Submission Guidelines
- Photographs or short videos entered in the prize must depict locations from within the current Tatiara District Council boundaries. Refer to the Tatiara District Council boundary map if unsure.
There is no limit to entries. Each entry must be an original photograph or short video produced entirely by the entrant. It must not contain any trademarks or copyright watermarks.
Entries must be submitted separately and each entry must be the best quality image or short video (sharp, clear, good contrast and well exposed). If your image is selected as a finalist it may be reproduced in any size up to A2 (420 x 594 mm) for exhibition or up to 1.2 x 2.4m for the large format exhibition.
Each entry (with the exception of Instagram entries) must meet the following technical specifications:
Saved as a high resolution JPEG, JPG, TIFF or PSD image
At least 2400 pixels wide or tall
Must not exceed 10MB
Videos must not exceed 5 minutes
Photographs or videos may be edited to adjust errors in composition, exposure, brightness and contrast, however content must not be removed, added, altered or distorted beyond the truth of the original photograph. For the purpose of historical documentation photographs must truthfully represent the subject matter as originally captured. The judges reserve the right to request the original image if they suspect excessive retouching has be performed.
Where there is an identifiable person in an image or video submitted, the entrant is responsible for obtaining a signed Model Release.
The image must not plagiarise the work of any other person.
The photograph or video must never have been published and not ever won a photographic competition.
Images that are considered of an offensive nature will be rejected.
- The Tatiara Tourism Group Committee Chairperson, the Walkway Gallery Director and at least one industry expert, will do the selection of finalists and final judging.
The major prize winners are awarded by the judging panel, based on artistic merit, technical merit, originality and creativity. All entries are submitted to the judging panel anonymously and must therefore not be marked in any way with the entrant’s name or studio name. This includes watermarks.
If any of the shortlisted images are found to be in breach of these terms and conditions they will be immediately eliminated.
The decision of the panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All copyright remains with the photographer, however the Tatiara District Council (Walkway Gallery, Visit Tatiara) may reproduce the photograph (or any part of it) in any media format, including but not limited to website, social media accounts, promotional material, both in print and electronically, and to exhibit images in public gallery spaces. In all such cases, every reasonable effort will be made to acknowledge the source of the photographer. The Tatiara District Council will also retain a digital copy of the photograph and place the image in their image library for ongoing use and promotion of the Tatiara district.
- All images published on Instagram with #mytatiara may be moderated and displayed on the website and social media channels of the Walkway Gallery and its associated partners. These images and your username will be public to all.
- Participation in this competition assumes the acceptance of the Instagram terms and conditions, found at http://instagram.com/legal/terms
- While we will take care to ensure the integrity and quality of the reproduced artwork, you acknowledge enlargements and slight variations to the photograph may result when adapting the original photograph to the large-scale format for the printing process.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to maintain original copies of any images submitted. No responsibility is accepted by the Walkway Gallery or Tatiara District Council for late, lost or misdirected entries.
1. Who can enter?
- The prize is open to all residents of the Tatiara district.
- Open to professional, amateur and student photographers and instagrammers.
- There is no age limit on entering. For participants under 18 years of age a parent or guardian content is required. The consenting guardian is then bound by these Terms and Conditions.
8. Entry Form
Enter your photgraph or short video now! Click here.